Complaints Information

At Whitefields Solicitors we are committed to providing high-quality legal services to our clients. However, we understand that concerns may arise from time to time. If at any point you become dissatisfied or concerned about the service, we have provided then you should inform us immediately, so that we can do our best to resolve the problem and we can improve our standards.

In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the member of staff who is working on your case to discuss your concerns with them. Many issues can be resolved at this stage through open communication. If the matter is not resolved informally you can submit a formal complaint, please refer to our firms complaints handling policy Download Here.

Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.

What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint:

The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.

Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:

  • Within six months of receiving our final response to your complaint


  • No more than one year from the date of the act or omission being complained about; or
  • No more than one year from the date when you should reasonably have known that there was cause for complaint.

For more information about the Legal Ombudsman contact:


Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9.00 to 17.00.


Post: Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6167, Slough SL1 0EH.

What to do if you are unhappy with our behaviour:

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

Visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns with the SRA | Reporting a solicitor or firm to us | Solicitors Regulation Authority